Thursday, February 20, 2014

MY HAIR CARE ROUTINE

Back again with yet another post, this time all about my hair care routine. 

I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week. The days I don't wash it, I use dry shampoo to soak up the oils. 


Washing- When I wash my hair I usually use a clarifying shampoo to get all the build up of products out. I really like the Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo. It leaves your hair so clean and so light feeling even a few days after washing it. If I do use just a regular shampoo, I'm not picky on the brand, just whatever I feel like trying at the time of purchase, same goes for my conditioner. I usually opt for something that is really moisturizing and not for volume since my hair is pretty thick. 

Conditioning- For conditioner I usually use a deep conditioner or repair mask since I only wash my hair a few times a week. I want something that will hydrate it really well. 

When I get out of the shower I usually let my hair towel dry for 15 minutes and then go in with the Healthy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat leave-in conditioner. I then take the wide tooth comb (from Sally's for a couple of bucks) starting at the ends and work my way up. Then I will take 2 pumps of the Suave Moroccan Argan Oil and apply mostly at my ends, working the excess no higher up than my ears. The Argan Oil will serve as a heat protectant when drying your hair.

I usually let my hair air dry for another 15 mins or so before I blow dry it. Once I'm done blow drying, I will take the Beyond the Zone Smooth Criminal heat protectant and spray all over, then comb through from ends to root to distribute it evenly. Now you're ready to style with heat.

Once styling is done, I take 1/2 a pump to a pump of the Argan Oil to smooth the hair, mostly at the ends and never past the ears. 



BE YOUR OWN KIND OF BEAUTIFUL
XOXO,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment