Sunday, January 12, 2014

My top 13 Products of 2013


Hi there! Cannot believe its the start of a new year! With that being said today's post is going to be my top 13 products of 2013! Theses are products I found myself grabbing the most often! 

I received this Conair True Glow Facial brush for Christmas! I love it! It has 3 speeds and it comes with the facial head thats attached in the picture and it comes with a body head. You use your daily cleanser with it and it gets all the yuck and dead skin off! 

Seche Vite top coat. This product is a life changer. Being a busy mom of 2, I find it hard to find the time to sit down and paint my nails (it's usually at night when I do) and this top coat dries in seconds making it super convenient to get up and pick up the house, laundry, etc. I got this at Walmart for around $8. 

Next is the Beauty blender. This sponge is amazing at blending your foundation and concealer in! Best $20 I've spent on a sponge ever. Having dry skin it helps put moisture back into my skin and if I were to use a brush (which I've tried before) it would just enhance all the dryness from buffing it into my skin. 

This Lush Mint Julips lip scrub is a miracle worker. Having dry skin, means dry lips for me especially in the Winter! Get a little of the scrub on your finger and just rub in circular motions on your lips and all the dead skin will come off! Perfect for the Fall and Winter when the darker lips are in! 
I have a love/hate with the Maybelline The Falsies Big Eye Mascara. I absolutely loved the lower lash brush (which is pictured) it has the perfect size brush to reach those lower lashes. As for the top lash portion. I hated it. I felt it was patchy on the lashes. It would stick to the base of the lash then skip the middle and leave little balls/flakes of product on the very tips of my lashes. I would buy it again just for the bottom brush part! 
Next is the Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light. It feels like I've had this bronzer for the longest time and as you can see I've hit pan on it. I use it almost every time I do my make up unless I switch it out with another one. It gives such a nice sun kissed color, perfect for warming up the Winter skin. 

Wet N' Wild Coloricon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana. It's called a bronzer but it's super light I use it as a highlighter for my cheek bones, bridge of nose and cuspids bow. Super inexpensive and the perfect amount of glow. 

Oh dry shampoo. I could not live without you. I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week so dry shampoo is a must for me! I really like the Batiste brand. It smelt good and soaked up the oils wonderfully. Only down fall I had was since it's meant for dark and deep brown hair it came out brown and once you worked the product in your hair, your hands were brown and if you aren't careful while spraying it you could spray it on your face and it will be brown as well. So next time I will get a colorless one. 

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mauvy Night was definitely my go to color this fall. It was the perfect mauve and I feel like it just went well with a lot of looks. Super moisturizing on the lips


Elf Eyebrow kit. I found myself going back to this when I wanted a bolder brow. For a few bucks at Target you can't beat that! 

As you can tell I showed the color Naked 2 a lot of love, I've hit pan! I loved this color for a crease color in a lot of looks. Helps blend darker colors out better! I'll be super sad when it's completely gone. 

The beloved naked 3 pallete. I've reached for this pallete so many times since I've gotten it. You can do so many bronze looks as well as smokey eyes. 

Last, but not least. This blush. I've worn nothing but this blush for months and months. It's the perfect peachy/bronze color and goes with all looks. It's from the Jenni Rivera palette from BH Cosmetics. I don't know the name of it, I'm sorry, but it's the first blush in the pallete. 

I hope everyone had an amazing journey in 2013, I know I did!! Here's to 2014! :)

Thanks for reading,
Marissa 
XOXO














No comments:

Post a Comment