Thursday, February 13, 2014

Exfoliation

Hi beauties!

With all my posts, I strive to write about content that my readers want to read or learn about. So as always leave your requests with me. Making my readers happy makes me happy!

I was asked to write a post all about exfoliating. Exfoliating is a key in the dry/cold Winter months and if you self tan! Exfoliating brings life back into your skin, just make sure you don't over do it!

When it comes to exfoliating you only want to exfoliate 2-3 times a week. I will share the steps I do to exfoliate to achieve healthy, glowing, soft skin.

2-3 times a week while I'm running the water to start my shower, I will take my dry brush (Wal Mart-$5) and exfoliate my whole body. With the dry brush you want to work from your feet up and always go toward your heart. Go over every section twice. When I get to the thigh & buttocks area I go in circular motions to help get rid of cellulite. It takes 2 mins and you can do it while your shower is warming up. Easy.

Now for your face, again, you only want to exfoliate 2-3 times a week. You can either do it morning or night. I choose to do mine in the morning since I have dry skin it helps make a smooth canvas for my make up. You want a fine and not harsh exfoliant. You can always make your own out of olive oil and sugar or baking soda, if you don't want to go out and buy a pre made kind. You can control the amount of grittiness by the simple DIY. I also have a Conair True Glow Facial Brush, that I just use a few times a week with my exfoliant. I feel the brush really gets all the dead skin off my face.

Now when it comes shower time, I use a sugar scrub. I get it at Wal Mart for around $5. I love the smell of it and it's a bit harsh, but I don't mind it. I know that it's getting all the dead skin off.

Another type of exfoliant I use is for my lips. This is a must for me. Since I have dry skin along comes the dry lips. You will really want to use this if you are going to be wearing a dark lipstick as it will really bring out all the flakes on your lips.

Just make sure that you really moisturizer your face, body and lips to keep them soft and smooth.

The Clean & Clear Facial Scrub has bigger beads in it than the Benefit one, but I love them both for my dry skin. The Mint Julips is from Lush and it is a miracle worker for my dry lips.

This is the $5 body scrub I use and I am in love with the smell. It smells like the Jergen's Almond Cherry lotion. The $5 dry brush is below the scrub. It comes with a handle that can attach for those hard to reach places. 


BE YOUR OWN KIND OF BEAUTIFUL
XOXO,
Marissa 

1 comment: