Thursday, January 30, 2014

Beautiful Brows

I had a request to do a post all about brows.

Brows can be tricky, but you must remember that brows are sisters not twins! 

Everyone's brows are going to be different and to figure out the best brow shape for you is what this post is about! Brows really do make a difference, so put down the tweezers & get to fillin'! 

Below is the best diagram I could make. 

All you'll need for the perfect brows is a spoolie, scissors, an eyeliner and your brow product (will get to later on).
The first red line by my nose is where your brow should begin. It should never pass the bridge of your nose. You can use a ruler to make an imaginary line and mark it with your eyeliner. 

The next red line goes from the corner of the bottom of my nose, just to the outside of the colored part of your eye. Extend your imaginary line up and that's how you find where your arch should be. 

The next line goes from the corner of the bottom of my nose, to the outside of my eye. Again make an imaginary long up and that should be where your brow ends. 

Now the horizontal line going from the front of my brow to the tail of my brow should be the same length across, if that make sense. So your tail should come down as far as the beginning of your brow. 

Those are the steps to figuring out the perfect brow shape for yourself. Just do the same on the other side. 


Now for maintaining your brows. I usually do this once a month or when needed. I take my spoolie brush and brush all the hairs up. Whatever goes above my natural brow shape I trim with scissors. Do the same thing, but brush hair downwards, trim excess. You can then pluck whatever hairs are out of your natural shape.  

If you've done a big no no and have waxed or tweezed too much and are in the process of growing out your brows, always pluck the hairs farthest away from your brows as they are more noticeable. 

Now when it comes to filling in your brows you can either use a pencil, brow wax, brow mousse, ect. Whatever you're more comfortable with. I use either a wax or pencil. If you're just starting out I would opt for a wax since pencil looks too drawn on. 

If you have lighter eyebrows go for a shade or 2 darker in whatever brow product you are using. For darker brows use a shade or 2 lighter. 

You want to start filling in on the bottom part of your brow and the arch. Those you want the darkest for a more natural look. You want to use a light hand and small short strokes to mimic hairs. Don't change the width of your eyebrow as it will look unnatural, keep the width it already is, just fill in sparse spots.

When done filling in brows, take your spoolie and get rid of any harsh lines the wax or pencil has made. Once done, you can set with a clear brow gel to hold the brows in place.

Video showing how I fill in (rough/fast version)




I hope this post answered any questions you had about brows. If not leave a comment below and I'd love to help! 

Thanks for reading! 

XOXO,
Marissa 



No comments:

Post a Comment